If you have been worshiping with us and are interested in becoming a member of First United Methodist, there are three ways to unite with the church:
- Transfer of membership from another Methodist church
- Transfer from another denomination
- By profession of faith
During our worship service, those joining the congregation come forward and are introduced to the congregation. There are three questions that are asked of those who are joining:
- Do you accept Jesus as your personal Savior?
- With the help of God's grace, will you endeavor to live your life according to the teachings of Christ and continue to grow in your faith?
- Will you support this church with your prayers, your presence, your gifts, and your service?
The congregation responds by promising their encouragement, support, and prayers for the newest members of our congregation. During the time of greeting, we invite members of the congregation to offer personal words of welcome and friendship.