We have many groups within First United Methodist who fellowship and serve in the community and within our church body.
- Sarah Circle - this women's group meets regularly to fellowship and serve others.
- Altar Guild - this group is in charge of beautifying the sanctuary for Sunday services and holidays.
- Centennial Circle - this women's group meets regularly to fellowship and serve others.
- Functional Teams - there are many teams that oversee various functions of the church such as Finance, Lay Leadership, Missions, Staff-Parish Relations, Trustees, Worship, Evangelism, Education & Communications.
- Flower Ministry - this group rearranges the altar flowers each week into arrangements for church families.
- Care Group - visiting the homebound and those members in nursing homes.
- Intercessory Prayer- a group which meets every Tuesday morning to intercede in prayer for joys and concerns in the congregation.
- The Stephen Ministry- lay caregivers (called Stephen Ministers) provide one-to-one Christian care to the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others facing a crisis or life challenge. Learn more>
- The Tough Old Birds- a group of individuals who gather monthly for fellowship and support to those who have suffered a loss or are alone.
- The Van Ministry Team- bringing the homebound or those who need help to worship each Sunday.
- The Care Bears- this group prepares meals for those who are recovering from a medical illness, have experienced the loss of a loved one, a new baby being born or some other circumstance where someone may need a helping hand with their meals for a short period of time.*
- The College Ministry Team- this group prepares care packages to send to our college students who are away from home. *
- Friends in Faith - this women's group meets the second Tuesday night of each month at 6:30 in the church parlor for fellowship and staff support projects.
*If you would like to be involved please call Pat Munoz in the church office at 562-1900.